All eyes are on 'HiSmiler' and upcoming starlet, Hailee K!
A Los Angeles based Model, Actress and all round #GirlBoss!
As a fresh face in Hollywood, it is important for Hailee to take care of her chompers on a regular basis - we got chatting with her about her life and Hismile routines...
What are some things we wouldn't know about you...
Well, I grew up in a small town in Russia where I was plucked up by a modeling agent and whisked away to New York…Just kidding!
I had a pretty normal life in Portland, Oregon but always knew I wanted way more than to end up working for Nike or Intel (Portland's biggest companies).
I signed with a modeling agency in high school and began working for local clients for look books and right after high school graduation I moved to sunny Los Angeles, where I’ve continued to model and transition into acting! I am now 21 years old and loving life.
What has been your career highlight so far?
My agency here is Wilhelmina, and some of the biggest jobs I've booked so far have been Gillette, Sephora, and Nike.
What are some of your hobbies?
It's easy to lose yourself in LA, so I’ve brought over some of my favorite things from Portland, such as my PS4, Nintendo DS, and lots of books. I'm a nerd, okay?! I also make necklaces that I sell on Etsy.
I also LOVE pilates and kickboxing classes. Punching things always feel great, haha ;)
Number one smile rule?
HiSmile has helped a lot! I used to use whitening strips, but this is way more powerful. I don’t floss, oops, but I am obsessed with mouthwash. Can we all agree that morning mouth is one of the worst things ever?
How often do you use HiSmile?
Every day or two, when I'm busy at home doing things such as laundry or dishes. I'm way too talkative to use it around people haha!
What is a typical day for you…
- Wake up before my castings, check my class pass app and choose a workout to go to
- Then after that is when I use HiSmile. I’ll pack up my bag with EVERYTHING I could possibly need, including pajamas. LA is so spread out and full of traffic that going home to grab something, casually, is usually impossible. This is the most annoying part of my day.
- Make a protein shake
- Run out the door, usually late!
- Workout, get ready in the locker room, or awkwardly in my car if they don’t have one – it happens!
- Drive all over the city going to castings or auditions till about 5pm
- Decide if I’m exhausted beyond belief and go put a full sweat suit on and watch Netflix, or go to some cool Hollywood party.
5 things you can’t live without?
My stuffed animal Simba
4 shots of espresso
Are you a coffee drinker? If so, how do you balance it with your whitening?
I drink A LOT of coffee, and I'm weird, I usually drink it with a straw (even when hot) to avoid it hitting my teeth.
What motivates you to be consistent with health regimes?
I am always taking photos, and I can see subtle changes from shoot to shoot, be it bloated face, or less white teeth. So I guess I am my own motivation…I also follow a lot of fitness Instagram accounts, so if I'm sitting on my couch and a ripped girl comes on screen, I'm like “okayyyyy I'll go do some abs”
Quote you live by?
This is simple, and random, but I found it the other day from Angelina Jolie "If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me." Because really, who cares what people think of you! I realized long ago that everyone is going to judge, so let them, and live your life the way you want to, happily.
5 fitness tips to get your rockin' bod?
- Girls, lifting weights does NOT. MAKE. YOU. BULKY. I avoided weights for so long cause I didn’t want to look muscular, I thought you could turn that way overnight! I started doing bench presses and such, and I now look better than ever. Weight train!!!
- You need to do more than run on a treadmill for 45 minutes to see changes in your body. Do other types of cardio, like box step-ups. (10 times each leg, 3 reps, with lunges in between each set.)
- Wear Nike over any other brand ;)
- Pilates and Barre are models favorite workouts because they create long, lean muscles.
- Don’t be afraid to step into the weight room and train like the boys.
One-piece of advice that will stick with you forever...?
The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.
If we were to send one our Hismiler’s on a trip to the USA where should it be?
I would send them to Boulder, Colorado! I've been to the main US spots such as NY, LA, Chicago etc, but Colorado is such a fond memory of mine. The mountains are beautiful, it's always snowy when I've been, it feels small town yet big town if that makes any sense! Great food too!
Do you have any fears or phobias?
Nomophobia!! I am SO scared of my car dying somewhere without service and not being able to call for help. I'm getting all freaked out thinking about it!
What gets you out of bed and into your gym wear?
Knowing that my job and paying rent depends on it hahaha
Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Syrup on Macaroni and cheese ;)
All photos are credited on Instagram: @haileebobailee